Your shopping cart is empty!
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND BEFORE BUYING A USED LAPTOP.
When it comes to buying a used laptop our frame of mind is set in such a way that we tend to think that they might not sustain or give a good result. Of course there might have been times when people have had not so good experience with used machines which hardly worked for a year maybe or less. Nonetheless, a little knowledge about what laptop you’re purchasing might help you not come across such circumstances.
What to check out?
1. Your usage and requirement: One should know for what reason he/she needs to buy a laptop. By knowing your cause, you will come to know what configuration you require and you’ll have a clear Idea as to which laptop will best suit you. Talk to a few technical people you know and you'll be clear with what your laptop needs to have.
2. Refurbished laptops over used ones: Many people have this misconception that refurbished laptops aren’t good enough but to tell you they are always better than the used one’s. Do you know why? Because a refurbished laptop is analyzed, tested, cleaned and repaired and brought back to almost new condition. This is not the case in used laptop. They are never been checked ever since bought.
3. Hardware Components: Here’s a basic overview of main components you need to check before you make your decision.
* Body condition: Of course you cannot expect the condition to be like new. Few scratches here and there is fine but missing screws, dents, cracks, major scratches, screen flickering and loose hinges are to be checked.
* Battery: The average battery backup of a used laptop should be 2-3 hours. It is suggested that you get a new battery for hassle free use.
* Warranty: If you’re buying the product from an individual user, you probably won’t get any warranty for it. Purchasing from a reputed dealer might cost you a little more but they can provide you with warranty and bill.
* Other miscellaneous examine: Keyboard, track pad, USB ports, Wi-Fi connection, headphone jack, speaker and webcam. These minor test can potentially avoid making a purchase you would regret.
4. Beware if you’re getting a too good deal: Sometimes getting a way sweet deal isn’t as sweet as it looks like. You need to see if there’s anything fishy. Verify all the doubts you have. Check things online on different websites and only then make the decision.
Buying a used laptop doesn’t really have to be rocket science. Now that you have all the information so head on to https://www.lapshop.in/ and check out all our available products!!
Also let us know in the comments below if you have had any past experiences with used machines.